The Macquarie University Vice-Chancellor’s International Scholarship – African Women in STEM provides a partial tuition fee scholarship for outstanding female students from certain African countries.
This scholarship is introduced to support those who share the passion to study in the area of Science, Technology, Engineering, and Mathematics, our elite and highly ranked programs at Macquarie University.
- You need to be a citizen of the Sub-Saharan Africa* region to be eligible for this scholarship.
- Achieve a minimum 65 WAM for Postgraduate or a minimum 85 ATAR (or equivalent) for Undergraduate applications.
- Hold a full offer for one the courses listed in the ‘Applicable course’ section below (single or double degree).
- Be a full-time student studying on-campus (or online if impacted by COVID-19 border restrictions)
- Must not have received a scholarship or sponsorship from Macquarie University or another organization (unless stated otherwise by the Scholarship Committee).
Eligible Countries: Africa
Type: Undergraduate and Postgraduate
Value of Award: 50% Tuition fee
Number of Awards: 1
Eligible Field of Studies: Applicants can apply for any undergraduate and postgraduate programme in the areas of science, mathematics, technology and engineering.
Method of Application:
To be considered for this scholarship applicants are required to complete a nomination form and hold a valid offer letter to study at Macquarie University. As part of the application form you must:
- Enter your student number as outlined on your Macquarie University Offer Letter.
- Submit an application form and type “African Women STEM” in the Scholarship Name field.
- Upon receipt of the scholarship application, students will be contacted with further details on submitting a selfie video as part of the assessment process.