A winter storm expected to bring up to 12 inches of snow to parts of New Jersey through Monday afternoon has led Monmouth County districts to announce school closures and other schedule changes for Jan. 3.
However, state law prohibits schools from having a single virtual day due to the weather and have it count toward the 180 days of school required by law.
Here’s a list of schools that have made announcements related to weather in the county. It will be updated as additional announcements are made:
- Sayreville: 90 minute delayed opening
Other districts have announced non-snow, COVID-related schedule changes:
- Carteret – Virtual through Jan. 8
- Cranbury – Students off on Jan. 3. More information will be announced on Monday.
- East Brunswick – Virtual through Jan. 7.
- Middlesex County Vocational Technical – East Brunswick and Piscataway remote until January 7.
- Monroe – Closed Jan. 3. Half-day remote through Jan. 7.
- North Brunswick – Remote through Jan. 17.
- Piscataway – Remote through Jan. 18.
- South Amboy – Remote through Jan. 7.
- South Brunswick – Remote through Jan. 14.
- South Plainfield – Remote through Jan 7.
- South River – In-person half-days with no lunch between Jan 5-31 for the high school, and Jan 10-31 for all schools.